Archives

Scientifically Based Weight Loss with Proven Results

February 7, 2013 7 Comments by Scott Isaacs, M.D.

weightloss-waist

Become a Weight Loss Success Story

We’ve helped patients successfully lose weight and keep it off since 1998.

The weight-loss programs at Atlanta Endocrine Associates are designed to promote fast, maximum weight loss and better health.

Patients in our programs lose an average of 35-60 pounds.*

Many people lose over 100 pounds.

More than just a diet, our weight loss programs provide you with lifelong skills for your health and weight management. Our science-based approach is backed by years of experience. Our state-of-the-art weight management programs will improve weight and overall health at the same time. We specialize in comprehensive and compassionate approach to weight loss.

Click here to see some of our patients’ success stories.

We offer a variety of options, all of which emphasize the easiest, most effective strategies for weight loss and long-term weight maintenance.

• Rapid, safe weight loss under medical supervision
  • Personalized attention and follow-up
  • Weight loss optimization through hormonal balance
  • Fast, easy, filling weight-loss foods
  • Focus on long-term weight maintenance
  • Option of weight loss medications

Our medical research, weight loss, and weight maintenance data have been published in many peer-reviewed medical journals including New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of the American Medical Association, Journal of the American Dietetic Association, American Journal of Gastroenterology, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Journal of the American College of Nutrition, and Diabetes Care.

Keep the Weight Off

Of course, any low calorie diet can help you lose weight. The challenge is keeping it off after the diet is over. We see successful weight management as a matter of acquiring new skills, not just learning new information. We’ll teach these skills in specially designed weight loss classes, and then focusing on continued weight loss in our Phase 2 program as well as long-term weight maintenance in our Phase 3 program. We’ll work closely with you as you learn and practice these new skills until they become an automatic part of your daily life.

Medical Evaluation for Abnormal Weight Gain

Many people gain weight despite eating healthier and getting more physical activity. If you are working hard at losing weight and are not seeing results, you may have a medical problem. We specialize in the medical and hormonal evaluation and treatment of abnormal weight gain and diet-resistant obesity.

Hormones and body weight are very closely related. Often times, a hormonal disorder can be the underlying cause of weight gain or failure to lose weight with diet and exercise. An evaluation with a board-certified endocrinologist can identify treatable hormonal problems that may be interfering with weight loss. Because abnormal weight gain is a medical problem, insurance companies usually allow a full evaluation with an endocrinologist. An evaluation typically includes obtaining a detailed history, physical examination and laboratory testing.

There are many different medical problems that can cause weight gain or make weight loss difficult. Dr. Isaacs prides himself in performing a detailed evaluation to look for the common and not so common causes of abnormal weight gain.

Atlanta Endocrine Associates
(404) 531-3933
775 Johnson Ferry Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30342-1408
 AEA_logo_final [web or email]

*Weight loss results include participation in the Maintenance Program (Phase 2)Published data from selected programs show a 50-60 pound average weight loss. Many people lose over 100 pounds. Many people lose much more.

7 Comments

1. Tamara Fowler says:
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 11:31am

It feels as if I have tried every weight loss trick known to man. I am currently logging my foods, and exercising 10+ hours a week, but seem to be stuck at the same weight, and at times even gaining. I am not extremely over weight, nor am I out of shape. I actually only aspire to lose 20 pounds. i run as a hobby and do strength training 3 days a week. it is a major goal of mine to achieve a flat stomach and an overall lean physique.
    Do you think your clinic can assist me in achieving my goals? If so please send additional information.
    Thank you, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Tamara Fowler

2. Scott Isaacs, MD says:
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 11:44am

Tamara,
    We would love to help you. Please call us at 404-531-0350. Here is a link to our website http://www.intelligenthealthcenter.com/weightloss/. I look forward to hearing from you.

3. Jane says:
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 9:29pm

I had cushings disease when I was 36 and a reoccurrence at 38. I am now 53. I have never been able to lose the 50+ lbs I gained with that disease. I have a feeling that my hormonal balance is so out of wack that I will never be able to she’d this weight. I just found this website. What do you think? Is there hope for me, or should I just accept this for the rest of my life? I am open to traveling from Kansas if there is any hope! Please advise!

4. Scott Isaacs, MD says:
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 1:03pm

Is your Cushing’s in remission? Here is a website so you can find an endocrinologist close to home. https://www.aace.com/resources/find-an-endocrinologist

5. Natalie Geleschn says:
    Friday, July 19, 2013 at 12:50pm

I am hypothyroid, I live in Poland at the moment and I cannot find an English speaking Endo here. I would be very interested in doing this program with you. I have a GP who could order blood work etc Could we PLEASE try to set something up? I am so tired literally, of not being able to budge my weight, I really hate my body right now. Please tell me how we could work together.

Thanks

6. Erin says:
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 2:09am

Hello,

Thank you for your website, it at least gives me hope for my problems. I’m 28-years-old, have had type 1 diabetes since age 5 and hypothyroidism since age 14. In November 2006, I went from 130lbs to 194lbs in January 2007. The weight gain was a mystery, and each endocrinologist I visit blames my diet and exercise, even though I exercise 10-14 hours per week and rarely eat more than 1500 calories per day. By January 2011, I found out I have PCOS which may explain the weight gain, but even with birth control my testosterone is still elevated. I’ve asked my endocrinologist for more help, perhaps metformin or an anti-androgen, but he won’t prescribe anything because he assumes I overeat.

The weight gain has caused psychological and physical stress, but most importantly, the increase in testosterone lowered my voice which has hurt me as an opera singer. I’m tired of being blamed for eating habits I do not possess. I currently weigh 178lbs, and nothing I do helps me lose weight. I just want my back to stop aching and to be able to sing again. I live in Pittsburgh, PA, but am willing to travel to Atlanta if you accept my insurance. I know this is a long shot, but if you can offer an help or advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

7. Mitybos Planas says:
    Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 3:51am

I have just seen your website where you suggest to look at people, how they have looked before the program and after. Some of them look more than amazing! I can’t believe my eyes. Specially the woman, who’s lost 190 pounds…